18 Oct 2022
WasteMINZ invites you to be part of an event where your voice is heard and you can collaborate with peers to identify barriers and come up with solutions to industry challenges.
At the WasteMINZ Collaborative Workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in six brainstorming sessions about key issues across the waste management, resource recovery and contaminated land management sectors.
- How can we build a circular economy for soil?
- What are the broad principles that regional councils should consider when planning for waste management and disposal in the future? How could or should data from the waste disposal levy reporting requirements inform councils’ thinking about future planning for waste infrastructure?`
- How do we make sure the waste disposal levy collects the right data, so that we can understand the priorities for waste minimisation?
- What waste streams/emerging contaminants have been identified as issues or potential issues at your facility or by your regulator, and how can we manage these risks?
- Thinking around infrastructure needs for the sector, what are the most critical needs you see for your organisation and how do you think those needs should be funded?
- What are the steps we need to take so that we have a low-carbon and low-waste future?
Read all the topics on the WasteMINZ website.
Our keynote speaker, Juhi Shareef, Co-Founder of Project:Moonshot , will be presenting on the circular economy and key trends for Aotearoa. There will also be a panel discussion: "How can we help central and local government make well-informed decisions?", facilitated by Chris Purchas from Tonkin+Taylor.
When: Thursday, 24 November, 9am-5.30pm
Where: Novotel Auckland Airport
Cost: $450+GST for WasteMINZ members; $675+GST for non-members. Click here to find out