Team Lead - Food - Hutt City Council
At Hutt City Council our vision is to build a connected, resilient and inclusive city where all of our people thrive - Kia noho mai tēnei tāone hei pou herenga waka, hei pou herenga kaupapa, hei wāhi whai hua ki hōna iwi.
Our council has set out a bold and ambitious plan for us to achieve. We are facing some new and exciting challenges and this offers our staff unique opportunities to create innovative and positive changes with our communities.
We are reshaping our organisation to enable increased responsiveness to the needs and expectations of our communities, to be flexible in our approach, to meet future demands, to grow our capability, and to create an inclusive and progressive work environment for our staff.
About this role
Reporting to our Environmental Health Manager, you will play a lead role in promoting and safeguarding environmental health in the community by providing leadership to a team of specialists and expert technical advice in Food Safety. You will also support the Team Lead - Alcohol, with regard to compliance activities in other areas of environmental health.
To be a contender for this opportunity you will need:
- Proven people management and leadership experience
- An appropriate level of experience and qualifications in the environmental/public health field
- An understanding of the provisions of the Health Act, Food Act, Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, RMA and Local Government Act
- Relationship management skills
- A positive approach to assisting the public
- An ability to interact appropriately with elected representatives
- A current driver's license
Working for Hutt City Council, you'll be rewarded with a career that you enjoy and can take real pride in. Bring your passion to make a difference, along with your commitment to co-create positive outcomes for the community, and we know you'll be proud to be part of our success.
For more detail on the opportunity please see the full job description. Applications close Friday 7th of May.
Hutt City Council is committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and reflects the diversity of the community it serves.
Hutt City Council